wirehopper web, llc
A web development company that focuses on providing small to medium sized business with the web presence they need. We provide a full range of services on the LAMP stack specializing in eZ Publish, PHP, Dojo, jQuery and Zend Framework.
We provide development, hosting, application installation, maintenance, upgrades and email.
We're busy building sites for clients, not our own.
- Dojo TriStateCheckBox
- A tri-state checkbox is important for cases where the information is yes, no, or something else. Something else could be 'partly', 'unknown', or 'not important'. You decide.
- HTML5 Challenge
- If you build web sites, try this challenge to see how many of the HTML5 tags you can remember.
- St. Kathryn's Parish
- eZ Publish site with membership, notifications, mobile view.
- Technical blog
- If you are looking for a technical web consultant, visit the blog to see the type of work we do.
- Wicked Good Gallery
- A simple gallery application
- YouTube Datatype for eZ Publish
- The YouTube Datatype for eZ Publish (v4.x series) provides a convenient way to post links to YouTube videos in eZ Publish. The default YouTube thumbnail is used to provide a crisp list view image, and the HTML delivers the video in the page.
- contact -at- wirehopper.com
- Send an email, we'll call. And we'll give you our phone number.
There are many ways to create and manage a web site. The actual expense is very low, the real cost is time. The other issue is skill. You want a site or page that looks good and doesn't take you away from your business. Most of the services in the table below will allow you to build a beautiful site without technical web skills.
Why should you pay someone else to put up a simple web page? The service you're paying for is convenience. It is no different than hiring a landscape company to cut your grass. Most people can cut the grass without any help. A landscape company will do the job, usually for a reasonable fee, and you don't have to. Web services are the same. Take the time to examine the alternatives below, as well as others. Think about the offerings and your time and skill.
|WebSite Builder||From ~$5/month||
|Basic Hosting||From ~$5/month||
Comparisons are based on lowest cost offerings. Be sure to examine plans carefully to choose the one that best fits your needs. The providers may change their plan offerings at any time. This information may include inaccuracies. This is not an exhaustive list.
Questions and Answers
They may not really be FAQs, but they're here to help you. Contact us if you have more questions.
- What is a "web presence"?
- A web presence is a way for people to find out about your company on the Internet. It can be a simple web page, like this one, a blog, a content management system, a cart, or custom site.
- What is a "web page"?
- A web page is a very simple web presence. It is well-suited for people and organizations who would like to provide a way for potential clients and customers to find them on the Internet.
- Why should my company be on the Internet?
- People use the Internet to find many things. If you have a web page with your company name and information on it, they can get the most important information very quickly. Finding your page may mean you get a call, instead of your competitors. It also means you control the information posted, potential customers may land on your page instead of in a directory or ratings system.
- Can I use my own design?
- Yes. Send it over and you'll get an estimate of the cost to translate the design into code. If you would like, you can use a service like PSD2HTML.
- Can I code my own page?
- Yes, but if you know how to write HTML, you can run your own site. Purchase hosting at HostForWeb or a similar company.
- If I code my own page, will you fix it?
- No. Go to W3Schools to sort it out.
- How do I get a name for my web site?
- You can register a domain name at any number of registrars, including HostForWeb Domains
- I want to own the domain name
- You should. If you already have a domain name, we'll tell you how to point it at the new site. If you don't have one yet, choose one you like and set it up.
- I want my page or site to be first in the search results
- Everyone does. The secrets for Google are here. Another great resource is SEOmoz, and you can use HubSpot's Marketing Grader to see how your current site is doing. There is some magic in SEO, it's extremely complex and difficult to control. Focus on your business, unless you're relying on search engines to deliver customers, don't worry too much about it. If you are depending on the Internet for new customers, you need a full service web company, like CommonPlaces eSolutions.
- Do you do ecommerce?
- The only ecommerce support right now is PayPal buttons. It is secure, easy-to-use, and convenient. If you would like to use a different payment system you may want to consider a cart like Magento or X-Cart. wirehopper web isn't doing ecommerce with carts now.
- Will you help me with my existing site?
- Maybe, send an email.
- What mobile devices are supported?
- Most smart phones and tablets. Your page will be readable on most devices. The mobile interface is simplified to make it more likely it will display clearly. Visit the page from a mobile device to see the difference.
- Do you do consulting?
- Maybe, send an email.